President & CEO
Katherine Fitzgerald, Esq.
Dr. Charles Walcott
Michelle Courtney Berry
Dr. Lawrence Kiley
Dr. Judy Siggins
Heather M. Cornell, Esq. (Levene Gouldin & Thompson, LLP)
WSKG General Counsel
Board and committee meetings are open to the public. All meetings will be held at WSKG's Studios in Vestal, NY, unless otherwise noted.
BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETINGS
To begin at 5:30 PM in the Hoyt Conference Room.
April 28, 2015 (canceled, rescheduled on 05/05/15)
May 5, 2015
June 23, 2015
August 25, 2015
October 29, 2015 (a Thursday)
December 8, 2015
February 23, 2016
April 26, 2016
June 28, 2016
DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE MEETINGS
In the Garbade Conference Room.
April 29, 2015, at 4:00 PM
May 20, 2015, at 3:00 PM
FINANCE/AUDIT COMMITTEE MEETINGS
To begin at 2:00 PM in the Garbade Conference Room (unless otherwise noted).
April 30, 2015 (at 10:00 AM)
May 19, 2015
June 16, 2015
July 21, 2015
August 18, 2015
September 15, 2015
October 20, 2015
November 17, 2015
(no meeting scheduled during December 2015)
January 19, 2016
February 16, 2016
March 15, 2016
April 19, 2016
May 17, 2016
June 21, 2016
GOVERNANCE/NOMINATING COMMITTEE MEETINGS
To begin at 3:00 PM in the Garbade Conference Room.
May 14, 2015
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING
The Executive Committee met March 10, 2015, to discuss matters of personnel and proprietary concern.
Notification for Specified Meetings:
1. Reasonable notice of all company Board of Trustees, Board Committee, and Advisory Board ''meetings"(1) will be made at least one week prior to the meeting. WSKG will air the notices on both WSKG-FM and WSKG-TV. The notices will also appear on WSKG's web page.
2. The station will give advance notice of the fact that a regularly scheduled meeting, which is usually open to the public, will be "closed"(2) and the notice of the closing will be disseminated in the same manner as the notice of an open meeting. If a meeting or portion of a meeting is closed to the public, a written statement containing an explanation of the reasons for closing the meeting will be made available to the public within a reasonable time thereafter or, in the alternative, the written explanation for a closed meeting will be made available to the public at the offices of WSKG or a copy of the explanation will be mailed to any person requesting one.
3. Persons specifically requesting to be notified of meetings will be informed by letter, e-mail, facsimile, or phone at least one week prior to the meeting.
4. At least once each quarter, the station will make on-air announcements for at least three consecutive days to explain the station's open meeting policy and provide information about how the public can obtain information regarding specific dates, times, and locations.
5. Copies of the minutes of all open meetings will be made available to the public upon request. A reasonable charge to cover copying or mailing costs may be considered for this service. If a member of the public wishes to inspect the minutes at the station, it would not be unreasonable to require an appointment be made with the station as long as the process is not burdensome to the public.
(1) The term "meeting" means the deliberations of at least the number of members of a governing or advisory body, or any committee thereof, required to take action on behalf of such body or committee where such deliberations determine or result in the joint conduct or disposition of the governing or advisory body's business, or the committee's business, as the case may be, but only to the extent that such deliberations relate to public broadcasting.
(2) The law provides exceptions to the open meeting requirement. "Closed" sessions can be conducted to consider matters relating to individual employees, proprietary information, litigation, and other matters requiring the confidential advice of counsel, commercial or financial information obtained from a person on a privileged or confidential basis, or the purchase of property or services whenever the premature exposure of such purchase would compromise the business interests of WSKG.
Policy on Public Comment
The WSKG Board of Trustees ("Board") welcomes relevant constructive comment from the public at its meetings. So that the process will be efficient and productive, the following protocol is established.
1. A "Public Comment" line will be included in the agenda for regular Board of Trustees' meetings which will be placed after all Committee Reports and before Trustee Comments.
2. Public comments, and any matter submitted, where a response is requested from the Board must be in writing (e-mail is acceptable) and submitted to WSKG's Chief Executive Officer at least five (5) business days prior to the next Board meeting. All written responses will be reviewed by WSKG's General Counsel and will be entered in the public file of the corporation. The total time for public comments will be limited to twenty (20) minutes, with each person limited up to five (5) minutes. Priority recognition will be given to those persons who have not previously addressed the Board.
3. Written inquiries sent to the Board, or comments made at Board meetings, must be relevant to the Board's functions and responsibilities, i.e., station mission, policy, finances, strategic planning, and must not address issues to which the Board has responded in the previous nine (9) months, a determination of which will be made by the Chair.
4. This policy is subject to cancellation or modification, at any time, in the discretion of the Board.
This policy will be published on WSKG's web site, will be available at WSKG's front desk, and will be handed out to the public at Board meetings.
WSKG's management and staff are also available to hear and respond to public comments. To submit a comment to WSKG directly, rather than the Board of Trustees, please click here.