What is the WSKG Community Advisory Board (CAB)?
When does the WSKG CAB meet?
What is the WSKG Policy on public comment at CAB meetings?
Who are the current members of the WSKG CAB?
Suggest Agenda for regional CAB meetings
Links and resources for current CAB members
The WSKG Community Advisory Board (CAB) is comprised of current WSKG Members who wish to provide input into programming decisions for WSKG TV, WSKG Radio, WSQX Radio and WSKG.org.
May 8, 2013 (canceled)
June 5, 2013
July 10, 2013
Meetings are held in the Hoyt Conference Room at the WSKG Studios at 601 Gates Road in Vestal, New York.
WSKG Community Advisory Board welcomes relevant constructive comment from the public at its meetings. The CAB encourages input from all individuals and groups across the station's listening and viewing area. So that the process will be efficient and productive, the following protocol is established:
- A "Public Comment" line will be included in the agenda for all regular Community Advisory Board meetings. The comment period will be at the start of the meeting after the adoption of the meeting's agenda and prior to the start of old and new Business.
- The total time for public comments will be limited to twenty (20) minutes, with each person limited up to five (5) minutes. Priority recognition will be given to those persons who have not previously addressed the CAB.
- Comments made at CAB meetings, or written inquiries sent to the CAB, must be relevant to the CAB's functions and responsibilities, i.e., programming and/or community involvement.
- Public comments, and any matter submitted, where a response is requested from the CAB must be in writing (e-mail is acceptable) and submitted to the CAB Chairman. All written responses will be processed in a timely manner but may take up to 30 days to allow time for review by the station's Board of Trustees, management, and/or WSKG's General Counsel.
- Special CAB meetings, such as public forums, may be held for the sole purpose of gathering public input. For such meetings, this policy can be suspended by CAB directive.
- This policy is subject to cancellation or modification, at any time, in the discretion of the CAB.
This policy will be published on WSKG's web site, will be available at WSKG's front desk, and will be handed out to the public at CAB meetings. WSKG's management and staff are also available to hear and respond to public comments. Submit a comment to WSKG directly here.
Dr. Charles Walcott
Trustee Liaison to the CAB
Dr. David Dinhofer
- Welcome and Introductions
- Review of WSKG content and services materials
How do you connect to WSKG? (select all that apply)
[ ] WSKG Radio [ ] WSQX Radio [ ] WSKG TV (main channel)
[ ] WSKG Create [ ] WSKG World [ ] WSKG.org [ ] via social media
[ ] community events for adults [ ] community events for children and families
[ ] none of the above
- What are the most important issues and/or needs in your community?
- What do you think is unique and special about your community?
- Does WSKG programming reflect and address the important issues and needs in your community?
- Is there anything else about WSKG or your community you would like to share?
- Other Business/Open Discussion
- Meeting Adjourns
including our most recent Annual Report, Local Content and Service Report, public files and Management Report
Inside WSKG (monthly newsletter)