The Chesapeake Bay Watershed is 64,000 sqaure miles and encompasses parts of six states. In New York State, Chemung and Susquehanna Drainage Basins are the northern-most part of this system.
Chesapeake Bay Academy
When: Monday - Friday August 6 - 10, 2012 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM daily
Chesapeake Bay Watershed Education and Teacher Training sessions include:
- An overview of Chesapeake Bay ecology
- Water quality monitoring techniques along the Chenango River
- A trip to a bog
- Kayak trip along the Chenango River
- Valuable educational resources for teachers
Instructional materials include:
- Project WET
- Project WILD Aquatic
- WOW! The Wonders of Wetlands curriculum guides
- other educator resources, including equipment that can be borrowed for use in the classroom
- 30 contact hours of professional development
- Great classroom resources
- Fun outdoor experiences
All materials are interdisciplinary and are correlated all of to the New York State MST Learning Standards.
Interested in attending a training? Contact Amy Kochem at 607-674-4017 x628.