As the member of the national organization of public television stations, WSKG acquires program rights and distributes programs. Due to the fact that WSKG does not produce all these programs, we unfortunately are not able to help you all transcript requests.
A list of programs produced by WSGK can be found on the left-hand side of this page.
You might want to visit the program web site or contact the producers of the program you are interested in directly to see if you may obtain a transcript. Contact information for most PBS shows can be found on the individual program web site or the PBS Program Contacts page at:
All programming provided by WSKG Public Media (“WSKG”) complies with the closed captioning requirements established by the Federal Communications Commission as embodied in 47 C.F.R. § 79.1, including regulations concerning closed captioning quality. Programming provided by PBS complies with these regulations by either: (i) satisfying the caption quality standards set forth in 47 C.F.R. § 79.1(j)(2); (ii) adopting and following the “Video Programmer Best Practices” set forth in 47 C.F.R. § 79.1(k)(1); or (iii) being subject to one or more of the captioning exemptions set forth in 47 C.F.R. § 79.1(d), including programming for which the audio is in a language other than English or Spanish and that is not scripted programming that can be captioned using the “electronic news room” technique; interstitial material, promotional announcements, and public service announcements that are 10 minutes or less in duration; and/or programming that consists primarily of non-vocal music.
Please make sure that your feedback includes all of the information required by the Federal Communications Commission:
- Your name, postal address, and other contact information, such as telephone number or e-mail address;
- The name, postal address, website, or e-mail address of the video programming distributor and/or video programming owner against which a complaint is made, and information sufficient to identify the particular video programming involved;
- Information sufficient to identify the software or device used to view the program;
- The date and time of the incident, and a statement of the facts sufficient to show that the video programming distributor and/or video programming owner has violated the requirements;
- The specific relief sought;
- The preferred format or method of response to the feedback.
Please fill out the form below, or contact our captioning hotline in any of the following ways:
Comment Line: 607-729-0100 x353
Fax: 607 729 7328
By mail to:
WSKG Public TV
601 Gates Road
Vestal, NY 13850