June 2 - August 29
WSKG's Raising Readers is part of a national effort that uses the power of public media to help children ages 2 to 8 improve their literacy skills.
Join us for 2014 Raising Readers: Summer, a multi-platform event designed to celebrate learning all summer long. Raising Readers: Summer includes 10 weeks of special on-air programming, online activities for kids and parents, a social media campaign and events right here in the Southern Tier!
Join us on Saturday, July 26th at the Broome County Public Library for "Race Into Reading" event from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Enjoy hands on activities based on your favorite PBS KIDS shows including Dinosaur Train and Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood. Meet race car driver Brian Watson and take your photo with his WSKG race car! Special PBS KIDS screenings will take place at 11:30a.m. and 12:30p.m. Vroom away with great family resources to keep the learning going all summer long!
- Watch PBS KIDS shows on WSKG TV every weekday!
- Play free, educational, literacy-rich games at PBS KIDS!
- Check out our Raising Readers Pinterest board for great ideas on encouraging summer literacy!
- Visit PBS Parents often to provide your family with fun, educational activities that explore reading, writing and language!
Your local library is an amazing resource where you can celebrate family learning all summer long!
- Finger Lakes Library System (Cayuga, Cortland, Seneca, Tioga & Tompkins Counties)
- Four County Library System (Broome, Chenango, Delaware & Otsego Counties)
- Southern Tier Library System (Allegany, Chemung, Schuyler, Steuben & Yates Counties)
Catch special Double the Fun! programming on WSKG TV - just in time to support summer learning!
June 23 - July 11: Wild Kratts "Back in Creature Time" special & new episodes
July 12 - July 25: Wild Kratts "Swamp Things!" special & new episodes
July 25 - August 18: Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood "Big Brother Daniel"