Join WSKG Education as we celebrate early learning at the 2013 Read for the Record event at Broome County Public Library! This free event runs from 10:00am to 12:00pm. Join WSKG for Let's Tell a Story!
In 2012, 2.3 million people participated in Jumpstart’s Read for the Record!
On October 3, 2013, people across the country will read the children’s book "Otis" by Loren Long in support of the mission to work towards the day that every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed.
Be sure to visit the Reading Garden at Broome County Public Library on October 3 for this very special event and to participate in many wonderful hands-on activities provided by the Discovery Center and community partners. For more information call (607) 778-6456.
On October 3, we want you to join us in celebration of reading and storytelling. Join WSKG and your neighbors at the Broome County Public Library and contribute your family's sentence to our story. Instructions here. Throughout the morning, watch as the story unfolds! By the afternoon, we'll have a complete story - written by you!
- Read what has already been written.
- What happens next? Write the next sentence.
- Read your sentence aloud while we record!
- On your numbered page, draw a picture to go with your part of the story.
- On our numbered sheet, write your name and hometown next to your page number.
- Visit facebook.com/wskgeducation later that day to read the whole story!
The story will also be available above. Click play and use the arrows on the right to read the story!