Supporting WSKG/WSQX is easy when you become a Sustaining Member. You designate the installment contribution amount to be transferred from your checking or credit card account. It is then electronically deposited into our WSKG/WSQX account. A record of our contributions will appear on your bank, credit union, or credit card statement.
As a WSKG/WSQX Sustaining Member, your gift goes further by:
- Providing WSKG/WSQX with a stable source of income to support the programming you value.
- Eliminating the cost of installment reminder notices.
- Reducing the cost of processing payments.
- Decreasing the amount of time needed for on-air fundraising.
It's as Easy as 1-2-3
- Decide how much you want to contribute to WSKG/WSQX, and how often - monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, or annually.
- Complete and sign our authorization form and mail it to WSKG/WSQX. Installments can be paid from your checking account at your bank or credit union, or you may use a major credit card.
- Sit back and relax. Your installment will be automatically deducted with a record of each transaction appearing on your bank/credit union or credit card statement. Your membership is automatically renewed each year on your membership anniversary date.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take for my credit card charges or bank/credit union transfers to begin?
It takes approximately one month from the time we receive your authorization for your first payment to be transferred from your bank/credit union account or charged to your credit card. You will receive written notification from us letting you know the amount of your installment and the start date.
Is my contribution still tax-deductible?
Yes! We will send you a tax receipt every January stating your total contributions from the previous year and the fair market value of any thank-you gifts you received during that calendar year.
How can I increase my installment amount?
WSKG/WSQX will give you the opportunity to upgrade your contribution amount each year when you receive your membership anniversary letter. If you would like to upgrade at any other time, please call or e-mail Membership Services at 607-729-0100 ext 379, and we will be happy to assist.
What if I have questions about my bank/credit union or credit card statement?
If you have any questions regarding your statement, call us immediately. We will work with you to correct any problems and answer your questions.
How do I stop my automatic transfers if necessary?
To stop your Sustaining Membership, simply call John Vasisko in Membership Services at 607-729-0100 ext. 379, or send us a request in writing. You DO NOT need to notify your bank/credit union.