Check out current open positions with WSKG. Tab through each title to learn more about the position.
Marketing and Engagement Associate
WSKG is looking for a Marketing and Engagement Associate. In this role, you will report directly to the Director of Development & Marketing. You will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to increase awareness, engagement and revenue.
WSKG Public Media is a non-profit public service journalism institution, providing PBS, NPR news and Classical Music to the Finger Lakes Region, the Southern Tier of New York, and Northern Pennsylvania.
Essential Duties Include:
• Develop and implement external marketing & communication strategies to create audience growth, brand awareness and community engagement
• Maintain an editorial calendar of all planned communications that is accessible to other departments.
• Send regular email newsletters to members to increase engagement with WSKG content and encourage financial support. Increase Sustainer and Passport program enrollment, engagement, and retention.
• Ensure diversity in content reaching audiences and implement strategies to reduce unsubscribe rates.
• Collaborate with members within Development to create and deploy multi-channel digital fundraising campaigns for donor solicitation efforts, including fundraising e-newsletters, e-mail acquisition, digital fundraising via website, e-mail, mobile, and social media.
• Conduct ongoing assessment of campaigns with regular testing, reporting and analysis. Set benchmarks across all digital channels.
• Evaluate and report monthly on digital campaign results to include the analyses of data and recommendations to improve open/response rates and increase online subscriber and donor retention.
• Stay up-to-date with best practices in digital fundraising and marketing tactics.
• Manage and maintain social media accounts and email communications
• Work with Director of Development & Marketing to develop monthly, annual and long-term engagement and marketing strategies
• Maintain communication with content staff to stay informed on stories in production and understand editorial priorities, etc.
• Work closely with fellow development team members to ensure success of overall department goals, long-term growth and donor retention
• Attend and participate in weekly team meetings and other meetings as necessary
• Represent station at events as needed
• On-air fundraising as requested
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge. Skills and Abilities:
• Highly organized self-starter with strong time management skills and excellent attention to detail
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines as required.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and compatible programs. Familiarity with social media platforms. Experience with Constant Contact a plus.
• Graphic design skills, with Adobe Illustrator or similar experience.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including spelling and grammar.
• Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends, with some long days required during peak fundraising times.
• Strong judgement, sense of ethics, integrity and accountability.
• Flexibility and positivity; ability to adapt in a changing environment
• Passion for and knowledge of public media and its mission
• Sense of humor and dedication to professionalism
• Bachelor's degree with two or more years relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the primary responsibilities of the job
• Strong analytical skills
• Availability for occasional evening and weekend hours
• No supervisory responsibility associated with this position.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
• This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., 40 hours per week. Some remote work is possible. Due to on-air fundraising and events, hours can exceed 40 hours per week. Flexibility in work hours for before and after regular business hours and weekend work is required.
If you are interested and would like to apply, please send the following required documents: 1)resume, 2) cover letter noting where this job announcement was found and, 3) contact information for three professional references. Required documents should be emailed firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to WSKG, Human Resources, 601 Gates Road, Vestal, NY 13850.
Application Deadline: December 20, 2022
WSKG is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive
environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We welcome your interest in joining our team.
PBS Learning Media Assistant
WSKG is looking for a PBS Learning Media Assistant. In this role, you will report directly to the Director of Education. You will provide administrative and project support for all Education Department PBS LearningMedia initiatives by providing content, resources and services to support teaching and learning for educators, students, parents and learners of all ages in our community, with special focus on PreK-12, professional development, and community engagement.
Essential Duties Include:
• General administrative support for the full range of Ed Services PBS LearningMedia efforts, including coordinating schedules and recording minutes for project meetings.
• Support planning, promotion, and presentation of educator workshops and/or events related to PBS LearningMedia instructional resources.
• Support Ed Services communications efforts with PBS LearningMedia submissions to the monthly e-newsletter, department webpage, and social media accounts.
• Track metrics of instructional media resources and prepare summaries for reporting.
• Contribute to project reporting, grant and proposal writing efforts as assigned.
• Support Ed Services staff collaboration/coordination with internal departments and external partners to plan and implement grant-funded projects and meet project deliverables.
• Support for project implementation, including administration, development and delivery of required deliverables of project content and services.
• PBS LearningMedia Content Development:
Support Senior Coordinator in development of digital instructional PreK-12 media resources for distribution on PBS LearningMedia:
■ collaborate with curriculum experts on writing and editing of content.
■ collaborate with production staff as well as independent producers on editing and packaging media content.
■ contribute to drafting and design of resources, including print pieces as needed.
■ publish resources in the PBS LM Content Management System (CMS)
• May serve as project coordinator on specific initiatives as designated by the supervisor.
Education / Experience / Qualifications:
• Proficiency in and/or adaptability for learning a wide array of productivity and creative applications including Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, Google Analytics and Adobe Suite as well as knowledge of online content management systems (CMS) required.
• Self-direction with ability to learn online
• Special attention will be paid to applicants with demonstrated experience, interest and enthusiasm in education, public media, new media and/or instructional technology.
• BA/BS in Education, Liberal Arts, Digital Media, or equivalent required
REPORTER/PRODUCER for Race and Identity Desk
WSKG is hiring a Reporter/Producer who will be responsible for producing balanced and engaging stories on issues of local and regional interest for broadcast on radio, television and web platforms in fulfillment of the station’s mission and in adherence with high journalistic and ethical standards. This position reports to the Director of News and Public Affairs Content. WSKG is seeking applicants with a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or a related field, professional reporting and radio broadcasting experience and expertise in voice delivery and broadcast writing. This entry level position pays $37,132 and offers a generous benefits package.Preferred candidates should have demonstrated competence with public radio style broadcast journalism, an understanding of digital and social media concepts, and a familiarity with issues, such as racial justice and housing, affecting upstate New York, in the Southern Tier, Finger Lakes, and Leatherstocking regions.Interested candidates should send the following required documents:
- Cover letter (noting where this job announcement was found)
- Examples of work (via link is fine)
Required documents may be e-mailed to Jobs@WSKG.org; mailed to WSKG Public Media, Attn. Human Resources, 601 Gates Road, Suite 4, Vestal, New York, 13850; or faxed to 607-729-7328. For full consideration applicant materials must be submitted by 5:00 pm on September 30, 2022.WSKG’s educational services, community engagement initiatives, television stations, radio stations, and website have a combined reach of over 600,000 people living in a 21-county area. With a focus on both local and national news, arts, history, science, and youth content, WSKG is dedicated to the community it serves, and to the pursuit of innovation and excellence. Find out more about WSKG by visiting http://www.wskg.org. WSKG is an equal opportunity provider and employer committed to looking for all kinds of talent to build a diverse workforce.