Diversity & Inclusion
WSKG’s diversity goal, including its hiring goal, is to cultivate and preserve a culture of diversity and inclusion throughout the organization, from its employees, Boards, and volunteers to its programming and community outreach initiatives. To achieve that goal, WSKG will annually comply with the initiatives outlined in the following statement.
WSKG Public Telecommunications Council (WSKG) values diversity and recognizes it as essential to any collaboration achieving its full potential. WSKG is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion throughout the organization, from its employees, Boards, and volunteers to its programming and community outreach initiatives. WSKG defines diversity as varied individual and collective perspectives, often resulting from differences in, but not limited to, age, race, ethnicity, religion, culture, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, physical abilities, gender identity and expression, and socioeconomic status.
Since 2012, WSKG has completed at least one of the following initiatives annually to further foster a culture of diversity and inclusion:
- Include individuals representing diverse groups in internships or work-study programs designed to provide meaningful professional-level experience, in order to reflect the diversity of the community and further public broadcasting’s commitment to education
- Include qualified diverse candidates in the slate of nominees for the Board of Trustees and the Community Advisory Board
- Provide Diversity & Inclusion training for its Board of Trustees
- Provide Diversity & Inclusion training for management and appropriate staff
- Participate in minority or other diversity job fairs
WSKG will continue to explore additional opportunities for achieving and promoting diversity and to monitor and evaluate success. WSKG is committed to compliance with federal and state law, it’s Equal Employment Opportunity Policy, and the Corporation for Public Broadcasting’s Diversity Eligibility Criteria.