Connect NY: Screens and Teens
Has smart tech and the social media it drives harmed a generation dependent on these tools to perform most functions? A new addiction impacting youth socialization, cognitive development and even mental health is chronicled in a new documentary that’s starting the conversation with parents, educators and lawmakers across New York State. As policymakers look to respond, can we institute moderation and parameters or has the technology taken hold and it’s too late?
- Bonnie Nobiling, Director of IT Services & District Data Coordinator – Oneonta School District
- Dr. Delaney Ruston, President – MyDoc Productions and filmmaker-in-residence at Stony Brook Medicine, NY
- Michael Robb, Ph.D., Director of Research – Commonsense Media
- Bonnie Russell, Immediate Past President – New York State Parent Teacher Association
- Dr. David O’Rourke, District Superintendent - BOCES Erie District
- Sean Ryan (D), NYS Assemblymember 149th District
Watch this new episode on Monday, May 21, 2018 at 9:00pm on WSKG TV.
Join us as we uncover compelling and unexpected stories throughout New York State and the history and systemic forces influencing current realities. Connect: NY is produced by WCNY (Syracuse, NY) and aired in partnership with WSKG.